Whether you realize it or not, you are friends and family with sexual assault survivors.
- 25% of girls will experience teen dating violence.
- Twenty to 25% of women in college reported experiencing an attempted or completed rape while at college.
- 57% of the rape or sexual assaults against females were committed by an offender whom they knew. Strangers committed about one third (31%) of all rape/sexual assaults.
- At least 33% of all sexual assault victims are male
- 1 in 3 girls/women and 1 in 6 boys/men experience sexual assault
Today of all days, please choose your words wisely. Speak with empathy. Be kind to one another.
For those who have bravely come forward, I believe you. I stand with you.
For those who cannot come forward, I support your decision and completely understand it. In light of the spectacle being made of Dr Blasey Ford, it is a wonder why any sexual assault survivor has ever broken their silence.
And, for all of us, please make sure on election day that you
For those who need it: The Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network (RAINN) runs a 24/7 hotline 1-800-656-HOPE (4673)